Pearl River, Louisiana
A Note for the Mayor of Pearl River:
".... In 1859, Pearl River was founded as a small railroad town. In 1886, a train station was constructed and two years later the first store was established. The community’s name was originally Halloo. It was changed to Pearl, later to Pearlville and then to Pearl River in 1888. On May 24, 1906, Governor Newton Crain Blanchard granted the request of Mayor G.W. Fuller to incorporate the Village of Pearl River. Pearl River became a town in 1964.
Our historical Museum located at 39437 Hwy 41 Spur tells the history of Pearl River through photos and artifacts. Daily tours can be scheduled through the Town Hall.
Pearl River is a family oriented town, where neighbors know neighbors and everyone is family. Our citizens come together to support the community and each other when in need. We live in a safe community with a low crime rate.
The Pearl River Park is the heart of our Town, where parties are booked throughout the year in the pavilions. In the summer, children in the area enjoy the cool and refreshing water park. We are proud to have some of the best schools in St. Tammany Parish and the State of Louisiana.
We have some of the best freshwater fishing and hunting in the State of Louisiana. The Pearl River is a scenic river that runs through the Honey Island Swamp. It’s also a recreational river with natural sandy beaches which were formed by the river which makes it heavenly bliss.
Pearl River has one of the largest commercial parks in St. Tammany Parish; Associated Wholesale Grocers and Rooms to Go employs hundreds of people throughout this area.
We are only forty (40) minutes away from downtown New Orleans and thirty (30) minutes away from the sandy white beaches of the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Stop by and visit our town anytime.
God bless Pearl River and its citizens
-Mayor of Pearl River"
Visit The Town of Pearl River at PearlRiverLa.com